Pascale Longuet is a bilingual (English-French speaker), bi-cultural Attorney at Law and Avocate admitted to the Paris and New York bars. Pascale was born and raised in Paris, France.
The representation of French and other European clients in connection with their businesses in the United States was a logical consequence of Pascale Longuet’s training in both the French and American legal systems.
Such double background provides a solid understanding of the legal, psychological, linguistic and cultural barriers which foreign investors regularly face in the North American market. To overcome these obstacles, legal work, on behalf of a variety of clients is handled on a close personal basis.
Clients are regularly assisted in all phases of their businesses, from the initial review and organizations of their projects in the United States, through implementation via joint ventures or commercial agreements and acquisitions, with the goal of placing them in the desired legal and commercial context for the successful operations of their American transactions. Ongoing advice to business clients is also provided.
The law practice emphasizes American corporate law (incorporation, setting-up, acquisitions, restructuring and divestitures), commercial law (drafting and review of contracts) and general business law. The firm also renders advice to clients in litigation and arbitration matters, which are then handled by or with more specialized firms. The firm cooperates with a number of French and American colleagues so that service to the client can be complete and efficient.
On an occasional basis, the firm also provides advices and opinions in various areas of French law.
Education: Admitted to the Paris Bar in 1987 and to the New York Bar in 1990, after obtaining a LL. M. from New York University in 1985, and an M. A. (Maîtrise de Droit des Affaires et Fiscalité), from Université Paris II, Assas, France, in 1983.
Experience: Associated with Gide, Loyrette, Nouel and SCP Beauvisage, Paris, France; Kevin MacCarthy Associates and Lacher & Lovell-Taylor, New York
Languages: Bilingual French – English; and Russian (working knowledge).
Publications & Conferences: Pascale Longuet writes and lectures regularly on the topic of corporate and commercial implantation in the US:
- Co-author of
Investir aux États-Unis, Ed. Dalloz 1994;
- Mondissimo International Mobility Conference, Paris, France, March 2011 and 2012;
- CLE conference presentation “How to Launch and Grow an International Law Practice” held on October 14,2014 at the Center for International Law sponsored by New York Law School and the French American Bar Association (FABA);
- CLE conference presentation « Guiding foreign Investors through US laws held on October 26 octobre 2016, at the Center for International Law, New York Law School;
- Conference presentation « Which business structures are available for foreign investors in the USA » (Entités juridiques disponibles pour les Investisseurs étrangers aux USA), on May 18 2017, International Chambers of Commerce roundtable, New York, NY
- Ordre des Avocats au Barreau de Paris,
- New York City Bar Association,
- New York State Bar Association,
- American Bar Association (Vice Chair of Europe Committee – International Law Section),
- American Foreign Law Association (Vice President),
- French American Bar Association,
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
Video: Please click on the video below if you would like to meet Pascale